Sunday 12 June 2011

For the Love of Coffee... HURWUNDEKI Cafe

The idea of having a space that is very organic and changeable appeals to me a great deal... When I say organic I don't mean organic produce, but organic in the sense of the environment being natural and hand made. This is how I feel every time I step into Hurwundeki Cafe and I just can't help myself but to think how a collective of handmade items can make a cafe look and feel like home. The fresh bread laid for customers to see, little comments and specials on chalkboards, not to mention the tasty coffee and they always manage to make it with a smile - just like their sign says!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket
Every item in the store is for sale except for the coffee machine! This is what I mean by a space that is changeable. Whenever you walk into Hurwundeki Cafe there will be a new piece of furniture there for you to take a peak at or buy and an old piece of furniture that you remember from your last visit to the cafe.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I love the idea of having a costumer diary, it gives the sense of belonging or feeling of a small community that is connected through beautiful coffee, food changeable spaces. Also, you never know who your next friend is going to be! 

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket



298-299 Cambridge Heath Road
City of London E2 9HA




Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment